Bluepeak Offers Low-Cost Internet Options in North Dakota Through Affordable Connectivity Program
Eligible households can get 1 Gbps speeds for as low as $20 per month.
(GRAND FORKS, N.D.) May 8, 2023 – Fiber internet provider Bluepeak announced the company’s participation in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) in North Dakota today.
Why it matters: Economic uncertainty is causing more challenges for households across the country. The ACP benefit – a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program – helps to lower the cost of broadband service for eligible households in need of affordable internet service.
- The $14 billion program provides a discount of $30 per month toward broadband service for eligible households.
The big picture: Bluepeak launched service in Grand Forks last September as part of a $27 million investment to bring fiber-to-the-home broadband service to the community. Bluepeak improves the options for residents in Grand Forks by providing fast, reliable and affordable internet. Bluepeak’s ACP offering now makes fiber internet even more affordable for those eligible.
- Bluepeak fiber service is currently available to nearly 6,000 homes and businesses in central Grand Forks.
By the numbers: The ACP benefit can be applied to any of Bluepeak’s residential internet service tiers.
- 1 gigabit-per-second (Gbps) for $20 per month with the ACP benefit and auto-pay enrollment.
- 2 Gbps for $35 with ACP and auto-pay.
- 5 Gbps for $70 with ACP and auto-pay.
A household is eligible if one member of the household meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines;
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
Eligible households can enroll in ACP through a participating broadband provider or by:
- Going to AffordableConnectivity.gov to submit an online application.
- Contacting a participating broadband provider – like Bluepeak – and selecting a plan.
Additional information about the ACP is available at www.fcc.gov/ACP, or by calling 877-384-2575 between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. EST any day of the week.
Go deeper: Those in Grand Forks looking for more information can visit mybluepeak.com/acp. Residents and businesses interested in service availability or details on the construction process can sign up for updates by entering their service address at mybluepeak.com.
Bluepeak is building a faster, more reliable internet without the things that get in the way of great service — like red tape, hidden fees, and slow response times. Offering up to 5 gigabits of speed for residential customers and 10 gigabits and beyond for businesses, Bluepeak is a whole new ballgame — from internet to TV, to connecting every device in a home, to powering a business, Bluepeak not only provides the best fiber connections in the communities it serves, but also meets the growing needs for how its customers live. Visit mybluepeak.com to learn more.