Bluepeak Internet Service Now Available in Sheridan
Bluepeak’s $9 million expansion will bring high-speed fiber network to more than 9,000 residences and businesses in the community.
Bluepeak’s Derreck Easley, Christian Hauf and Wesley Foster (left to right) pose with Gary Powell, our first customer in Sheridan, Wyo.
(SHERIDAN, Wyo.) – Jan. 3, 2023 – Bluepeak has officially launched its fiber internet service in Sheridan today. The milestone follows a previously announced investment of $9 million to bring Bluepeak’s high-speed fiber network to nearly 9,000 residences and businesses in Sheridan.
“Sheridan has waited too long for fast, reliable, affordable internet service and we’re excited to be part of the solution,” said Rich Fish, Bluepeak’s CEO. “Bluepeak’s fiber-to-the-home internet expansion in Sheridan will enhance growth and meet the needs of Sheridan’s citizens now and well into the future.”
The first neighborhoods to have service available will be Sheridan residences and businesses in the northwest and northeast corners of town:
- Northwest: East and west between Mydland Road and Sagebrush Elementary School, and north and south between West 5th Street and Park Circle Drive.
- Northeast: East and west between Big Goose Creek and the railroad tracks, and north and south between Seymour Street and East 11th Street.
Construction will continue moving south in the coming months to make service available to more homes in Sheridan in 2023. Those interested can confirm service availability with their address and sign up for updates throughout the process on mybluepeak.com.
Before Bluepeak, high-speed internet was a challenge for many in Sheridan and across the Cowboy State:
- Wyoming ranks 43rd in the nation in internet coverage, speed and availability, according to com.
- An analysis from highspeedinternet.com found that Wyoming residents pay more for each megabit-per-second (Mbps) than anywhere else in the country. Wyomingites pay a rate of $7.84 per Mbps, compared to just 63 cents for Rhode Islanders.
- A Wyoming Tribune-Eagle report from last year pointed out many in the state find themselves paying more for slower internet speeds and without any options.
With Bluepeak service, customers get faster speed, equal upload and download speeds, and whole-home WiFi. The internet service provider features transparent, all-in pricing, where the price on the website is the price on the bill, with a minimum speed tier of 1 gigabit-per-second (Gbps) internet service for just $50 per month. Homes can get up to 5 Gbps and businesses up to 10 Gbps and beyond. Each internet speed package includes eero Secure, which protects devices from online threats, ads and allows for customized content filtering. Put simply, Bluepeak’s network provides faster speeds, better connectivity and the bandwidth to connect more devices for internet, streaming, gaming and more.
Bluepeak is building a faster, more reliable internet without the things that get in the way of great service — like red tape, hidden fees, and slow response times. Offering up to 5 gigabits of speed for residential customers and 10 gigabits for businesses, Bluepeak is a whole new ballgame — from internet to TV, to connecting every device in a home, to powering a business, Bluepeak not only provides the best fiber connections in the communities it serves, but also meets the growing needs for how its customers live. Visit mybluepeak.com to learn more.